Meta: The top rated Realtor has some smart tips for transforming a dull dorm room into a cool and stylish living space. Jot down this easy guide to help you.
Your dorm room doesn’t have to be plain and boring. You only need to check these tips from the top rated Realtor, and you can transform a simple room into a comfy and stylish living space.
You only need some cheap materials and add-ons that you can buy from a local dollar store. And a lot of creativity for bringing your brilliant ideas to life.
Here’s What the Top-Rated Realtor Says about Designing Your Dorm
1. Invest in Organizers
First, buy enough organizers for your dorm room. Of course, you cannot pull in a cabinet or some full-size drawers. But you can have some sticker hooks, mini plastic drawers, and plastic racks, among other similar items.
These are simple add-ons that can go a long way in your dorm. They are excellent for keeping some of your valuables and school materials organized and accessible. They save some space in your dorm as well.
2. Play with Lighting Options
There are tons of possible lighting options that you can consider adding to your dorm. Of course, you can stick to the classic yet simple fluorescent bulb that can make your room look bright enough. But softer lighting is also available for cozier effects.
For example, you can buy a floor lamp for a soft lighting ambient in your dorm. You can also opt for smart lighting that can change in color, tone, and temperature.
3. Have Fun with Accent Pieces
The top rated Realtor reminds you that accent pieces can bring more fun and color to any space. Think of simple curtains, rugs and wall art in your dorm room.
However, be careful when choosing such decors for your living space. Buy items that are simple to position in the room, so you can easily remove them when needed. Of course, feel free to be creative and satisfy your preferences when choosing and placing them in your dorm.
4. Bring in Some Indoor Plants
Plants never fail to make a space look livelier. That’s why you should grab some and place them in your dorm room as well.
However, remember that you should be extra careful when choosing indoor plants. Choose plants that are easy to care for and don’t require a lot of supervision. After all, you will probably get busy with your schedule and forget to look after your plants constantly.
Once you’ve picked some plants, you can place them in pots and let them sit on the floor. You can also hang some of them with the help of macramé and other hanging tools.
5. Make a Multifunctional Space
Yes, your dorm serves as your bedroom and workstation while you study away from home. But it can serve many other purposes too. After all, you should have a great experience while in your current place.
Here are some purposes that your dorm can also serve. Keeping these in mind while you dress your living space will help you create a multifunctional dorm:
- Group Gathering – The top rated Realtor says that a dorm that can accommodate a few people is a great help for you. For example, you and your groupmates can use your dorm for a school project. Of course, you can invite your friends for some good times too.
- Hobby Area – It is excellent to have a space in your dorm to take a break from your schoolwork, too. If you love doing artwork, then have a dedicated corner for your paintings. If you love playing video games, don’t miss having your favorite console as well.
- Comfortable Kitchen – You can’t make a functional living space without having a cozy kitchen area. Yes, a minifridge is a classic choice for students in their dorm. But you can also have a coffee maker, a small oven, or even a small countertop pizza maker. After all, a hearty meal can help you unwind after a long day in school.
6. Pepper Some Colors
Lastly, pepper different colors all over your dorm room. Think of having some bright throw pillows, patterned blankets, and colored action figures. Just keep them as accent decors, however, so they won’t make your room look messy.
Keep these Points from the Top Rated Realtor when Designing Your Dorm
Dressing up your dorm room doesn’t have to be a difficult task. You only need to remember the tips above and follow them as your guide. They can help you come up with a cozy space where you’d love to stay for quite some time. Of course, feel free to talk with the top rated Realtor for more helpful tips today.