Deciding to buy or sell a home is a big decision. It’s not one that you should take lightly. There are a lot of factors to consider and many people are involved in the process. One of the most important people you’ll work with is your real estate agent.
Your real estate agent will be your guide through the entire process. They will help you determine what you can afford, find homes that meet your needs, negotiate on your behalf, and more. In short, they will be a huge asset as you buy or sell your home.
That’s why it’s so important that you take the time to find the right real estate agent for you. Someone who you can trust and who has your best interests at heart. Here are 10 questions to ask before hiring a real estate agent.
- How long have you been working as a real estate agent?
- How many homes have you sold/helped to sell?
- What is your proven track record?
- Are you a full-time or part-time real estate agent?
- What geographic areas do you specialize in?
- What type of homes do you have experience selling? (e.g., luxury homes, fixer-uppers, new construction, etc.)
- Do you have any professional accolades or awards?
- Can you provide me with some references from past clients?
- How do you communicate with your clients? (e.g., phone, email, text)
- What is your policy on Continuing Education Units (CEUs)?
Conclusion: finding the perfect real estate agent is vital to having a successful home buying or selling experience. By taking the time to ask potential agents these 10 questions, you’ll be one step closer to finding an amazing real estate agent who meets all of your needs—and then some!